Vietnam Visa Information
A. GENERAL INFORMATION
Generally, a foreign citizen who wishes to the Republic Socialist of Vietnam, is required to obtain visa from a Vietnamese Embassy or Vietnamese Consulate or a paperwork from Vietnam Immigration Department for obtainment of Vietnam visa on arrival. However, citizens of certain countries do not require visa if they meet Vietnam visa exemption requirements. The information on visa exemption is available at:
1. The nationals of certain countries who are required a visa to enter the Republic Socialist of Vietnam, are advised to enquire about authorized office for visa issuance at Vietnamese Embassy or Vietnam Consulate in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, East- Timor, South Korea, North Korea, Japan, Mongolia, India, Bangladesh, New Zealand, Australia, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Poland, Hungary, Rumania, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France, United Kingdom, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Italy, South Africa, Algeria, Libya, Angola, Egypt, Tanzania, Kuwait, U.A.E.P.O, Chile, Cuba, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Panama, Canada, United States.
The details and locations of Vietnamese Embassies and Vietnam Consulates are available at.
2. To apply for a visa at Vietnamese Embassies or Vietnamese Consulates, applicants are required to present their original passport with a validity of at least 06 after the date of entry to Vietnam, 2 photos of passport regulation size (4cmx6cm or 3cmx4cm), and perhaps travel documents which are recognized by Vietnamese Government and comply with the conditions set forth in the Immigration Laws of Vietnam. In addition, applicants of visa must be outside of Vietnam at the time of application. Applicant will be issued with a type of visa in accordance to his or her purpose of visit.
3. Generally, applicants are required to apply for a visa in person. However, the Vietnamese Embassies and Vietnamese Consulates in some countries an in some cases may also accept application sent through representatives, authorized travel agencies or by post. You enquire at the Vietnamese Embassy or Vietnamese Consulate where you intend to submit your application of acceptable ways application.
4. The Vietnamese Embassies and Vietnamese Consulates have the authority to issue visas to foreigners for travel to Vietnam. The authority to permit entry and stay in Vietnam, however, is immigration officers. In some cases, the immigration officer may not permit foreigner holding a valid visa to enter into Vietnam and should find reason to believe that this traveler falls into the category of aliens prohibited from entering Vietnam under the Immigration Laws of Vietnam
B. VISA TYPES
1. Tourist Visas
The tourist visa is generally for single entry only, with stay duration no exceeding 30 days. The stay duration can be extended at the Vietnam Immigration Service, for a further 20 day stay when you are in Vietnam. The tourist visa with double entries can be issued under certain conditions.
2. Business Visas
The business visa is very convenient as it allows you to stay from 3 to 6 months, with multiple entry options. You can go in and out Vietnam many times as you expect within three to six month stay. To apply for this type of visa , applicants are required to have the approval letter from a competent sponsor in Vietnam.
3. Diplomatic and Official Visas
The diplomatic or official visas will be granted gratis unless otherwise agreed upon between Vietnam and applicants’ country. To obtain the diplomatic or official visas, the applicant must submit a note verbal or an official letter from the relevant agencies of the concerned agencies of government, embassies or consulates accredited to the applicant’s country, and international organizations.
C. VIETNAM VISA ON ARRIVAL
The visa approval letter stamped by Vietnam Immigration Department will be sent to applicant after two or three business days. This approval letter written in English and Vietnamese, is showing such passport holder who is permitted by Vietnam Immigration Department to pick up visa on arrival at the international entry gate of Noi Bai , Danang and Tan San Nhat Airports. Additionally, applicants are required to bring long the copy of this visa approval letter, two brand new passport photo size and enough US cash or Vietnamese Dong ( local currency) to pay visa stamp fee at the time of getting visa at airport. The visa issuance process may take something from 10 to 20 minutes. The tourist visa will be granted for single entry or multiple entries with stay duration of 30 days in Vietnam depending on your application. This visa can be extended after your entry to Vietnam.